Title: Corporate Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, TX
KyotoCooling® provides mission critical air-conditioning and cooling solutions to large data center facilities. Founded in 2008, the Company has over 500 installations worldwide on five different continents. Our customer list includes three of the top five data center owners / operators in the world. The Company’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX, with offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Tallmadge, Ohio; Toronto, Ontario; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
The Corporate Accountant manages the support of the financial operations of the Company providing AP support and other important financial responsibilities.
- Perform accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timelines of vendor bill entry by following Three-Way matching concept to enter invoices into computer (NetSuite) for multi-books/entities.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying, calculating, posting entries and comparing system reports to balances in maintaining A/P records integrity and accuracy.
- Clarify any questionable invoice items or receiving signatures, prices, calculating all extensions and totals on invoices and taking discounts when applicable
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions to accurate GL accounts and cost centers/departments through proper information and/or data to support invoice process
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and maintain historical records by scan, save documents and management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Perform monthly business credit card statement reconciliations, timely notification of any fraudulent transaction and discrepancies
- Receiving and verifying employee’s expense reports for employee reimbursement
- Assembly invoice lists to be completed for payment in file and email the file to peer accounting team member to process the payment
- Reports monthly Input (purchase/use) taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation and provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts
- Engage management over any A/R & A/P problems you encounter
- Prepare, collect W-9 form from vendors, and record/link 1099 report in NetSuite
- Assists with implementing cost reductions and process control improvements
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Ensures the adequacy of the accounting system as the basis for reporting to management
- Coordinate efforts for periodic internal & external audit to ensure the existence and maintenance of an appropriate control environment within the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned; assists Controller/leadership with day-to-day tasks and special projects
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes; protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience
- Experience supporting business units outside the US, Netherlands and Germany is a plus
- Strong to Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of ERP system required, NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, ability to propose resolutions to problems
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Have strong working knowledge of accounting theories and practices and the ability to understand the relationship between operational processes and accounting impacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of employees throughout all levels of the organization
- Team player and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org