Director of Engineering Design
Title: Director of Engineering Design
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, TX
KyotoCooling® provides mission critical air-conditioning and cooling solutions to large data center facilities. Founded in 2006, the Company has over 500 installations worldwide on five different continents. Our customer list includes three of the top five data center owners / operators in the world. The Company’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX, with offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Streetsboro, Ohio; Toronto, Ontario; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
We are excited to announce a leadership role opening for the position of Director of Engineering Design. This individual will own the entire design process, balancing the needs of innovation and time to market demands, they will play a major role in growing the company’s business
- Takes control and ownership of design, equipment selection, assessment of needs, and initiating development of an overall design plan.
- Assure that there are sound engineering processes in place and that there is a discipline established to follow them.
- Offer best in class design solutions, utilizing real world examples, means, and methods.
- Lead a team of professional engineers, architects and designers who define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, and develop design concepts.
- Ensure Document Control Processes are followed and maintained, utilizing the latest Design Specifications available.
- Assist in improving production techniques and develop test procedures. Recommends methods for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
- Provide guidance and direction to group members including setting performance standards and monitoring outcomes.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management or other groups on technical or process-related topics that may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations and/or inter-team/group relations.
- Monitor and control resources and expenditures. Prepare budgets.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies that may improve operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Set sales goals and operating budget targets in support of revenue objectives, as well as monitoring key metrics and addressing issues related to plant, equipment and employee care.
- Actively influence the efforts of sales, marketing, and product development in support of business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a design project
- 10-15 years of related experience with management responsibilities inclusive of manufacturing industry experience and electro-mechanical design application.
- Computer skills required: High level of computer competency in CAD
- Knowledge of large mission critical facility’s mechanical infrastructure systems
- Knowledge and experience with cooling systems common to data centers and other 24/7 critical environments
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org