Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, TX
KyotoCooling® provides mission critical air-conditioning and cooling solutions to large data center facilities. Founded in 2008, the Company has over 500 installations worldwide on five different continents. Our customer list includes three of the top five data center owners / operators in the world. The Company’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX, with offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Tallmadge, Ohio; Toronto, Ontario; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
The Mechanical Engineer will contribute to the design of our air handling units which are in data centers around the world. As a Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for providing trade specific system design: layout (utilizing CAD/BIM); calculations (utilizing appropriate software); and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering/internal and external). You will be expected to take ownership of the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability and desire to progress over time from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
- Create designs of air handling units; develop specifications, system narratives and system layouts for a variety of projects types and sizes
- Begin to establish system application, design and operational parameters/sequences under the direction of the senior engineer and/or senior designer
- Represent KyotoCooling and work in close contact with and effectively interact with the internal design team as well as external clients and consultants (including owners, builders, developers, program managers, architects, vendors, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete.
- Participate in, ensure, and oversee QA/QC process for your work and the work of others
- Assist senior engineer and/or senior designer in the ongoing determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Assist the senior engineer / senior designer in processing RFI’s, Change Orders, Bulletins, and Addenda
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in commercial or industrial air handling or HVAC design
- Experience in current versions of Inventor, and SolidWorks required
- Possesses the basic understanding of proper system and equipment selection and application
- Exhibits thorough understanding of applicable codes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field