Title: Network Operations Center Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, TX
KyotoCooling® provides mission critical air-conditioning and cooling solutions to large data center facilities. Founded in 2006, the Company has over 500 installations worldwide on five different continents. Our customer list includes three of the top five data center owners / operators in the world. The Company’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX, with offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Streetsboro, Ohio; Toronto, Ontario; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
The NOC Director provides leadership for the NOC in a 24x7x365 days/year model that supports KyotoCooling’s customers. The NOC Director position is critical to managing the Network Operations Center and the day to day stability of the network. This person will need to demonstrate a degree of leadership for both internal and external customers. This person would provide direction and will serve as a point of escalation in regards to outages and troubleshooting problems of network equipment and circuits; this includes the physical fiber plant, transport equipment, and all critical infrastructures within the network. This position provides technical direction to ensure necessary alignment across multiple focus areas both internal and external to deliver services in a timely manner.
- Builds a high performance team responsible for maintaining network stability and managing resolution
- Ensures performance results meet or exceed established service levels; on-‐time performance for service repairs and network restoration
- Evaluates situational events using alternative analysis, innovation, and good judgment to make effective decisions to increase network performance
- Responsible for the development and communication of reports for network health, outages, MOP’s and routine maintenance with upper level management
- Responsible for the development and standardization of NOC processes and procedures
- Responsible for accurately analyzing trends in trouble history
- Reviews and monitors all system performance reports, scheduling necessary actions to avoid system degradation and customer service interruptions
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive vendor contact and escalation list
- Manage and approve work schedules; manage and monitor time off requests to ensure optimal 24/7 staffing
- Create and identify additional network measurements/metrics that will show performance metrics are in line with quality of service goals and Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for network improvements (identifying single point of failures, hardware improvements and/or diversification opportunities)
- Highly technical
- 5 + years in NOC experience with relevant experience implementing complex IT environments
- 3+ years in direct management of employees
- Must have excellent PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Ability to quickly learn corporate systems and databases.
- On-call 24×7 is required as dictated by the business.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
- In addition, the position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Master’s degree a plus
Please email resume to email@example.com