Title: Production Planner
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Akron, Ohio
KyotoCooling® provides mission critical air-conditioning and cooling solutions to large data center facilities. Founded in 2006, the Company has over 500 installations worldwide on five different continents. Our customer list includes three of the top five data center owners / operators in the world. The Company’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX, with offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Streetsboro, Ohio; Toronto, Ontario; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
The role of the production planner is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Create documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, or purchase, maintenance, or repair orders.
- Maintain files, such as maintenance records, bills of lading, or cost reports.
- Contact suppliers to verify shipment details.
- Plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
- Establish and prepare product construction directions and locations and information on required tools, materials, equipment, numbers of workers needed, and cost projections.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
- Experience using an ERP system (NetSuite preferred)
- Proven experience as production planner
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Good at math and statistics
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Post secondary degree a plus
Please email resume to email@example.com