Quality Control Manager
Title: Quality Control Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: North East Ohio
Founded in 2006, KyotoCooling provides mission-critical, water free cooling with unparalleled levels of reliability, efficiency and modularity for data centers. With hundreds of installations in various climates around the world, KyotoCooling is the most experienced supplier of indirect cooling solutions in the data center industry. The company has offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Dallas, Texas; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
We’re looking for an experienced team member to manage quality control tasks in our Ohio office and manufacturing facility. This includes maintaining supplier data and schedules, assisting in launching new product design and implementing standardized tools. As we continue to grow, we want someone who is innovative, driven and ready to lead a high performing team.
- Maintains and updates critical supplier audit system and schedules.
- Conducts supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination and continuous improvement.
- Monitors, communicates and improves key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due) and waste.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Supplier Performance Metrics and work instructions in compliance to standards.
- Establishes specific short / long term supplier quality goals and performs supplier site assessment and process audits.
- Participates in qualification, transition and onboarding of direct material suppliers.
- Works to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Establishes a document based quality system.
- Provides quality training aids and proofing systems.
- Participates in mitigation and risk analysis activities regarding quality and delivery action plans.
- Implements standardized tools to measure supplier performance and makes improvements as needed.
- Assists in launching new product designs and facilitates technical discussion between KyotoCooling and suppliers regarding cost reduction.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience with increasing responsibility.
- Leadership-minded with previous experience managing a quality department.
- Quality systems expert, familiar with Five S, Lean business practices, and ISO 9001
- Ability to resolve issues through problem solving, examining cost effective solutions, implementing action plans and providing technical support.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Pro.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, works well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or engineering related field required, or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree a plus.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org