Sr. Software Engineer – Backend
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, TX
KyotoCooling® provides mission critical air-conditioning and cooling solutions to large data center facilities. Founded in 2006, the Company has over 500 installations worldwide on five different continents. Our customer list includes three of the top five data center owners / operators in the world. The Company’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX, with offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Streetsboro, Ohio; Toronto, Ontario; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
We are seeking a passionate and effective Back End Software Engineer to join our team. The Sr. Software Engineer is a solid, positive, and innovative individual who thrives in a group with a small-team but big-ideas mentality.
- Build robust and scalable software in a major programming language like Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- 7+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with Java or Ruby, and the willingness to learn new technologies (experience with other object-oriented languages is okay too)
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org