VP of Operations
Title: Vice President of Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, TX
KyotoCooling® provides mission critical air-conditioning and cooling solutions to large data center facilities. Founded in 2008, the Company has over 500 installations worldwide on five different continents. Our customer list includes three of the top five data center owners / operators in the world. The Company’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX, with offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Streetsboro, Ohio; Toronto, Ontario; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
The VP of Operations serves a major role in field service and NOC operations, providing critical functions related to internal and external relationships, people management, development, as well as management of departmental and project budgets, and overall management of a diverse portfolio of projects situated across the country. The VP of Operations must provide strong leadership and management skills. This position is part of a global team and must interact effectively with diverse stakeholders and staff.
- Provide organizational leadership; foster collaborative relationships; initiate and support quality management activities and performance management measures to provide the highest quality products and services
- Provide oversight to ensure consistent standards and practices are achieved in the delivery of services across the organization
- Have detailed knowledge of the services we offer to each client.
- Understand mission critical data center environments and the impact an issue may have from the customer perspective.
- Act as a final escalation point for Major Incidents and issues that have breached SLAs.
- Participate in technical and management update calls for major incidents, providing regular status updates to key stakeholders.
- Provide technical, consulting and project management leadership to field and office staff. Participate as technical consultant and/or project consultant on appropriate projects.
- Provide strategic direction for the field service organization and ensure service projects are in compliance with customer requirements and implemented safely.
- Provide necessary training and leadership to grow and develop services organization.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives to achieve business objectives.
- Resolve sensitive services issues such as headcount planning, budget planning, and competitive threats.
- Work closely with sales and leadership to develop and grow and maintain a strong services base.
- Ensure financial controls, quality assurance/quality control and compliance to company policies.
- 10+ years’ experience with IT and data center environments or equivalent combination of education and relevant technical experience.
- Technical competence including understanding software, hardware, networks, etc.
- Experience with the management of major services contracts.
- Proven experience managing a P&L
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing internal and external business relationship
- Enthusiasm to build and grow services business, including customer relationships.
- Ability to champion change
- Must be results driven with expertise in continuous improvement methods
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management and organizational problem-solving
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a part of a productive work team
- Ability to convey vision, strategy or other complex information effectively with the ability to influence and drive results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences or related field, required; Master’s degree preferred.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.